This budget friendly recipe takes just 20 minutes, and is very kid friendly. It also makes a great recipe for if you're just starting out as a vegan.
- 1 tspn Vegan Beef Stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tins Brown Lentils drained and rinsed
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 700 ml Passatta or tomato pasta sauce
- 1-2 tbs Vegan Worcestershire Sauce to taste
- 1 tbs Italian Herbs optional
- 500g Pasta to serve
- 2 tbs Vegan Parmesan to serve
Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
While Pasta is cooking, place water and stock in a pan on medium heat. Stir until stock has dissolved.
Add lentils to stock. Cook, stirring frequently, until stock has disappeared.
Add grated veggies. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
Add passatta and stir through. Allow to cook for approximately 10 minutes (or longer) stirring occasionally.
Add Worcestershire sauce and Italian Herbs to taste. You may require more if using passata without added flavours.
Serve over cooked pasta with vegan Parmesan sprinkled over.