This Avocado and Mango Summer Salad is perfect for a Summer BBQ, or Christmas get together. Made with avocado, mango, and drizzled with a creamy sweet mustard dressing, this salad will be the most popular side at your next BBQ!
I love the summer tastes of mango and avocado. I can’t think of two foods that make me think of an Aussie Summer than avocado and mango.
This oil free, vegan salad uses cashews to make a creamy dressing flavoured with dijon mustard and maple syrup. Cashews are a great way to make a creamy salad dressing without needing to use oil or vegan mayonnaise.
This salad is a great option to take if you need a vegan side for a BBQ or potluck. You could even add a cup of cooked, and cooled, quinoa if you’re not sure how many vegan options there will be available. That way, the salad will be a lot more filling if you have nothing else to eat!
To Make the Avocado and Mango Summer Salad
If you don’t have a high speed blender, soften the cashews by soaking them in boiling water for at least 15 minutes prior to blending.
Chop up the lettuce, mango and avocado.Add all of the salad ingredients to a large salad bowl.
Blend the dressing ingredients until smooth.
Pour over the dressing prior to serving.
Avocado and Mango Summer Salad
- 1 Large Cos Lettuce or 2 Baby Cos or Romaine
- 2 420g Tins Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 Mangoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Raw Cashews presoaked if necessary
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¾ to 1 cup water
- Tear or cut lettuce leaves into pieces. Peel and slice Mangoes and Avocado.
- Add Salad ingredients to a large salad bowl. Toss to combine.
- Pour over dressing before serving.
- Add dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.