The tangy peanut dressing on this salad transforms what is basically a traditional coleslaw into something really different and tasty. You can serve this recipe raw, or lightly cooked. I prefer to cook the cabbage, as I find that raw cabbage can give me some digestive issues, but this salad is great either way.
If you prefer a raw salad, simply mix the dressing, chop the veggies, and mix together to serve. The dressing is very flexible, and you can adjust the ingredients to suit your tastes.
You can also make a big batch of this salad for the week. Store with the dressing separate, and put it on when you’re ready to serve.
This recipe makes a big enough serve that this can even serve as a light, summer dinner.
Let me know what you think!
Peanut Veggie Salad
- 1 heaped TBS Peanut Butter
- 1 TBS Lemon Juice
- 1 TBS Soy Sauce
- 1 TBS Coconut Milk
- 2 tspn Maple Syrup
- 1 medium Sweet Potato
- 1 Red Capsicium
- 1/4 Purple Cabbage
- 200g Marinated Tofu
- 2 tspn Sesame Seeds
- 1 TBS Chopped Coriander and Mint to serve
- Add dressing ingredients to blender. Blend for approximately 10 seconds until combined. Alternatively, place ingredients in a small jug and whisk to combine.
- Slice capsicum and tofu into thin strips. Finely chop the cabbage.
- Use a spiraliser to cut sweet potato into noodles (you can grate the potato if you don’t have a spiraliser).
- Heat a non stick frying pan on high heat.
- Cook the tofu for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until browned on each side. Set aside on a plate.
- Cook the cabbage, capsicum and sweet potato noodles for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until just cooked through.
- Place cabbage, capsicum and sweet potato in bowls. Top with tofu. Drizzle dressing over the top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and herbs.