This smoothie is a fun breakfast alternative for if you want something a bit different. This vegan breakfast smoothie gives you a carrot cake flavoured smoothie at the bottom, topped with a delicious cashew lemon icing.
The trick to this smoothie is to make sure the carrot cake smoothie layer is thicker than the icing on top. This makes sure that the icing doesn’t sink into the carrot layer.
Make sure you drink this with a straw so that you get a bit from each layer!
Let me know what you think below!
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- 2 cups Non Dairy Milk
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 4 Dates
- 2 Frozen Bananas or fresh with a cup of ice
- 2 Medium Carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Non Dairy Milk
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 6 Dates
- 1 tspn Lemon Juice
- 1 tspn Vanilla Extract
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth (approx 30 seconds for high powered blender, 1 - 2 mins for low powered blender). Add ice if required.
- Pour into two large smoothie glasses, keeping at least 2cm at the top of each for the "icing".
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour over the carrot smoothie to form "icing". Enjoy!