These delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls are completely oil free, and low sugar.
I was in the mood for something sweet for afternoon tea, so I came up with this recipe. My favourite type of protein ball is raw cookie dough, but I find a lot of them use oils like vegan butter or coconut oil, which I like to avoid. This recipe is oil free, and high in protein and iron from the cashews and oats. I added some vanilla protein powder, but you can replace this with a tablespoon of flour if you’d prefer. I found the recipe can be a bit sticky without it the added powder. If it becomes too dry, you can add some plant based milk to get back to a dough-like consistency.
You can use a processor or a blender for this recipe. I used the dry container for my blender and a bowl to make this recipe, because sometimes getting out the food processor feels like a bit too much effort. Especially if you have one as big as mine! If you do use a food processor, process the dry ingredients on their own first, and then mix in the wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips right at the end, otherwise the processor will pulverize them, and you’ll just have chocolate flavoured balls!
Let me know what you think of these delicious protein balls!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 TBS Vanilla Protein Powder optional, substitute with plain flour
- 1 TBS Plant Based Milk
- 1/2 tspn Vanilla Extract
- Grind cashews until flour like in a blender at low speed or food processor. Repeat with oats (can be done together if using a processor).
- Combine cashew flour, oat flour and protein powder (or flour) in a bowl. Add maple syrup, vanilla and chocolate chips and mix with a spoon until combined. If the mixture is too dry, add milk a little at a time. Mix to a dough.
- Roll spoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Refrigerate any uneaten balls.