I’m not going to lie. This Vegan Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie is not a healthy recipe. I’m not going to pretend to be some magical food wizard who has managed to create a delicious, fudgy, chocolate chip pan cookie recipe that’s super healthy and you can eat all day. I wish! I think I’d be a billionaire if I could manage that one….
Instead, I’ve created this recipe. It is oil and refined sugar free. It is also made with wholemeal flour and almond meal. So as far as decedent desserts, this one is pretty healthy.
This Vegan Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie recipe is heavenly served hot from the oven with a scoop of ice cream, and should fulfill any dessert cravings.
Variations for Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie
Gluten Free: I have made this recipe with gluten free flour in place of the wholemeal flour and it tasted great.
Nut Free: You can replace the almond meal with extra plain flour. The end result is not as fudgy, but it still tastes great!
I have made this recipe nut free, gluten free and soy free by using a gluten free flour mix in place of the wholemeal flour and almond meal, and coconut milk for the dairy free milk. Again, it was missing the fudgy texture from the almond meal, but it was the first thing to go at the party I took it to, so I call that a success!
This recipe can also be easily made into fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars if you’re after something more portable.
If you’re after another great vegan dessert idea, check out my Oil Free Vegan Chocolate Brownies.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 Tbs Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tspn Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1/2 cup Dairy Free Milk
- 1 tspn Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a small baking dish with spray oil, or line with baking paper.
- Make a chia egg by mixing the chia seeds with 3 TBS water. Set aside to thicken.
- Sift the flour, almond meal, sugar and baking powder into a medium sized bowl. Mix to combine. Add the chocolate chips and stir through.
- Mash the banana with a fork in a medium sized bowl. Add the milk, vanilla and prepared chia egg. Whisk to combine.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until mostly cooked through. Keep slightly undercooked for a gooey cookie centre.
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|
|Energy||1140kJ (272cal)||1311kJ (313cal)|