I love the flavour combinations of salty chickpea bacon, and sweet basil in this recipe. It tastes so rich and creamy, but is actually light and healthy. This potato salad works for a delicious lunch, or you could make a big batch to take on a picnic or even a BBQ or party. I’m confident even non vegans will love this recipe.
This recipe uses my Chickpea Bacon recipe. I know that some people like to avoid potato, so you could easily substitute in baked pumpkin or sweet potato for the potato. Although this recipe does take a little prep time in baking the potato and making the chickpeas, you could easily make a big batch of these and use them throughout the week to make it easy.
Let me know what you think!
Creamy Chickpea Bacon and Potato Salad
- 2 Medium Potatoes
- 4 Cups Cos Lettuce one large head, chopped finely
- 1 Serve Chickpea Bacon see recipe
- 1 tbs Vegan Parmesan optional
- 1 cup Basil Leaves Loosely Packed
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 tspn Maple Syrup
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees Celcius. Cover a baking tray with baking paper or non stick spray.
- Chop potatoes into 1cm cubes. Place on tray. Bake for approximately 10 - 15 minutes until browned.
- While potatoes are cooking, make the Chickpea Bacon according to recipe.
- To make dressing, place all ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth, using a tamper to push the ingredients down if necessary.
- To serve, divide lettuce between two salad plates. Top with half of the potato and chickpea bacon each. Drizzle dressing over the top. Top with vegan Parmesan if desired. Enjoy!