This Vegan Banana Bread is possibly the best Banana Bread I’ve ever tasted. Served fresh out of the oven with a spread of vegan butter, it easily beats any cafe bread I’ve ever tried.
The best part is, this recipe is actually oil free (unless of course you serve it with butter) and made up of simple pantry ingredients that I bet you have on hand.
In fact, the hardest part of this recipe would have to be getting over ripe bananas for the recipe. Normally bananas are eaten too fast in our household by my banana loving 3 year old for them to get ripe enough to cook with. I had to go trekking all over Brisbane today to try to find over-ripe bananas for this recipe. Luckily I managed to find some “old stock” ones in a supermarket that were brown enough to use. Unfortunately, unless you’re lucky enough to find some sale stock like I was, you will probably need to plan in advance for this recipe. Or, maybe you have the opposite problem to me where bananas don’t get eaten quickly at all in your house. In that case, you’re all set!
I love the bicarb soda (or baking soda) and vinegar combination in this recipe because it makes the banana bread really light and fluffy.
This Vegan Banana Bread makes a great snack or lunchbox option. It would also make a delicious Sunday brunch.
To Make Vegan Banana Bread:
This recipe is super quick and easy to make.
Simply blended the wet ingredients until just mixed in a blender, or with a mixer in a bowl.
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Pour the wet into the dry, and mix until fully combined.
Pour the mix into a prepared bread tin and bake.
Note: It is important that the banana bread is baked straight away, as the vinegar and bicarb soda reaction occurs immediately. Your bread will not rise as well if you leave it.
Gluten Free: To make this recipe gluten free, simply replace the flour with a gluten free baking mix and use certified gluten free oats.
Add ins: Feel free to add in extra ingredients like chocolate chips, or walnuts to change up this recipe.
If you’re looking for more baking recipes, try my Chocolate Zucchini Slice, or Spinach Banana Muffins. You could also check out my recipe for Banana Muffins, which have a protein boost from chickpeas.
Vegan Banana Bread
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 cup Dairy Free Milk
- 1 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tspn Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 tspn Cinnamon
- 2 tspn Baking powder
- ½ tspn Baking soda
- ½ cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare a loaf pan by lining with baking paper.
- Combine wet ingredients in a blender, processor or in a bowl with a mixer until just combined.
- Place dry ingredients and mix ins in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour mix into prepared baking tin and bake for approximately 40 minutes, until light and springy to touch and just browned on top.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and then store in a sealed container in the fridge. You can wrap individual slices of banana bread in foil and freeze in sealed zip lock bags.